Uniting For A World That Can Thrive

The Citizens Media® (CM) is a bridge for transitioning to the new economy.

It works by connecting resources – communication, commerce, vision, values, insights, strategy and technology – through a Global Investment Cooperative, where community, equal opportunity, and authenticity can thrive.

F.A.Q.

We Have The Power To Change Our World!

The systems that run our economy mean the more you have, the easier it is to get ahead, which makes reducing the wealth gap impossible to do.

We treat finance like a resource, when the reason it began was as a means to exchange. This creates imbalance in the way we value and manage the production of goods and services and – with our planet’s ecosystem at risk of collapse – it cannot be sustained.

Yet most of today’s economy came about by designing solutions for the wealthiest 1% of us – leaving 99% underserved – and we live in the most interconnected time in human history. Technological and cultural developments have created an opportunity for unprecedented impact.

The rise in recognition that change needs to happen is encouraging. People are talking, and solution building is well on its way, but they’re happening in different places and on different platforms. They need a means to unite, which is why we started CM.

Sustainable Prosperity

Click To Enlarge

How It Works

Inspired through online hangouts and discussion on innovative ideas, conversations spur investments into a Global Investment Cooperative, that supports projects delivering 3P solutions: people, planet and profit – the "three pillars of sustainability".

Contributors of conversations get rewarded through a virtual currency called Comcoins™, that can be used to purchase products, services or currencies in a mobile friendly 3P Exchange. 3P because it incorporates a crowd-influenced means to consider – not just the economical value of whatever it is you buy – but social and environmental too.

Activity is brought together through a Glocalized Hub, that’s built on a platform we made for connecting distributed networks of community-based sites.

Rewards to contributors are afforded through service agreements between Co-op Projects, and an operations company taking care of the hub. The more investments you bring to projects, the more you’ll receive.

To show we’re being accountable, revenues will be posted online.

Hold Up! ...we're not quite there yet

There are a few things left to do, such as building the exchange, and bringing projects in.

To do this, CM is being supported by corporate sponsors investing through a learning partnership, that brings together leading experts, demystifying questions in helping to figure out how CM can best develop and grow.

Called The Great Debate, the learning begins with a series of Google Hangouts, where anyone who wants to can get involved. For our sponsors it offers hands-on participation, leading to connections, opportunity and insights, that excite their global offering, while having a positive impact at the same time.

To be kept updated on The Co-op or The Great Debate, sign up!