Uniting For A World That Can Thrive
The Citizens Media® (CM) is a Global Investment Co-operative that connects and helps fund people and communities designing products and services for increasing their livelihoods.
As members, how it invests and evolves is up to you. Together we can change the world!
We Have The Power To Change Our World!
Yet 8 out of every 10 of us live on less than $5,000 a year; 2.7 billion on less and $2 a day, which is more than the world's population just 60 years ago.
Why is this? We're living in a world where working together is hard to do. Our economy depends on systems where the more you have the easier it is to get ahead, which makes reducing the wealth-gap impossible to do. As a result 8 out of every 10 of us live on less than $5,000 a year; 2.7 billion on less and $2 a day, which is more than the world's population just 60 years ago.
The good news is these systems haven't been in place all that long, and since they began, a whole host of alternatives have stepped up. What's more, most of today’s economy came about by designing solutions for the wealthiest 10% of us, leaving the rest of us underserved. This is a huge opportunity.
What can we do? What if we use this market to replace old ways of doing business with new ways of working that mean the more we come together, the more we can do, be and create?
Reasons To Invest
The Citizens Media® (CM) offers an all-inclusive strategy that minimizes risk while increasing both social and financial returns.
How It Works
CM invites people throughout the world to invest in sustainable solutions that give us the means to increase our own livelihoods. Minimum contribution $10.
Our method incorporates:
To serve the underserved, we need to connect. Yet only one in three are online, and the platforms we use vary throughout the world. Then there’s language, resource and literacy skills. It's time to bridge the gap.
- Collaborative Investments
By making investments a co-operative effort, united interest in businesses we support will increase discussion on issues that relate to their success. We’ll make progress because co-operation and competition work hand in hand.
- Local Engagement
Most world aid goes to large scale solutions that fail to address the people so don't work. If we are to reduce the wealth gap, we need to invest in sustainable solutions that give people the tools they need to help themselves.
- Mobile Exchange
Only half the world's adults have a bank account, and their control on the marketplace means we need the ability to transact without.
All profits made go to those who invest.
Discover + Design + Develop + Deliver
So what's our approach?
- Communication and design needs identified through Community Projects are promoted online, from where entrepreneurs, programmers and designers can propose a solution.
- Proposals are made through Budget Buckets, and promoted on a decision making tool called Loomio, from where co-op members can comment and post questions then vote on solutions approved by the board.
- Build progress will be reported through media documentary's filmed in the communities projects serve.
- Solutions will be tested and proved on location. Once done, we'll work with locals to establish community-managed distribution channels, that can be mirrored in other communities, so making the solutions more accessible to all.
Where Money Goes
Co-op Member Investments get distributed as follows:
- 60% to Community Projects where it's used for design and communication solutions.
- 20% to Co-op Operations for maintaining the Global Hub, and meeting co-ops business and marketing needs.
- 20% to Citizen Journalists giving people a voice, and promoting local business.
Rewards to Citizen Journalists are distributed through messages of Kudos, which are 140 character messages that appear against content as its viewed from a site.
How Returns Work
Returns to members and journalists will be issued in a mobile currency called Comcoins, that feeds back to local enterprise.
- For each dollar invested, you'll receive a Community Share.
- Comcoins from Community Shares are generated through Design Solutions, Kudos and Data Analysis – managed by Co-op Operations.
- How much you've invested, and the amount you've made, will be updated in your online account.
- Get others to invest and, paid out in Comcoins, 5% of what they pledge goes to you.
- Comcoins can be used to purchase more shares or design solutions, buy products and services sold by local business through the Global Hub, or exchange for a like currency. Learn More
- Not sure you trust it? For a 15% fee, you'll be able to transfer them into any currency you like. Profits made go to the co-op.
The more you invest, the more we can do, and the more you can make.
How It Fits Together
Break-even point comes when there are enough revenues circulating within the co-op to generate returns for its members. Once reached, CM will be a self-organized system, supporting sustainable enterprise throughout the world.
To become part of the change, then thank you, and welcome. Hit Invest and you’re on your way!
CM adheres to the principles of peer to peer business. Learn More
- Co-op Operations coordinates development of the Global Hub and takes care of business and marketing needs.
- Revenues for Co-op Operations comes from:
- Revenues are managed through Budget Buckets proposed by members of the Development Team, and voted on by the board, as voted in by co-op members.
- Distributed as Comcoins, 100% profits made by Co-op Operations go to it's members, from where it can be re-invested by purchasing more shares, or products and services sold within the Global Hub. Learn More
CM is about creating a self-organized means for collaborating needs skills, technology, business, people and communities in a way that brings equal opportunity to all.
- CM revenues are distributed through Budget Buckets. This includes Operations, Community Projects, as well as funds allocated for solution design + production.
- Budget Buckets are proposed by members of the Development Team, and those responding to design RFP's.
- Contributors write up a proposal making their case for why the work they want to do will benefit everyone, help CM achieve its strategic goals, further its mission, and why they, the proposer, are the right person or group to deliver the solution.
- Using a simple decision making tool, proposals are discussed with members and board, who vote on which buckets get funded, and which to let go.
Must be fully funded to target amount or project won't go ahead at all
If funded over or under the target, the project will scale up or down to fit the budget